Lab 2 Tracing Public Use
Statistical Products to Their Origins
Select one public use product from
the list below:
- Census 2000: Summary File 3 Sex
by Marital Status for Places
- County Business Patterns: NAICS-based
Establishments by Employment Size
- Current Employment Statistics:
NAICS-based Employment by Metropolitan Area
- Quarterly Workforce Indicators:
NAICS-based Average Earnings for Females Ages 45-54 by Workforce Investment
- National Health Interview Survey:
Persons of All Ages Without Health Insurance
- National Household Education Survey:
Participation in Adult Education and Lifelong Earning
For that product answer the following
questions (required detail is a few sentences and a citation, where appropriate):
- What information is contained
in the released data?
- Who are the target data users?
- What are the underlying source
- Who collects the source data?
- What is the sampling frame and
the reference population for the table/series you selected?
- How is the sampling frame refreshed
- For a single released data item,
describe the exact source (question, administrative record) of the published
statistic and provide a proper citation for your answer
- What confidentiality protections
were applied to the released data?
- Provide a proper citation for
the effects of those protections on the data item used for your answer above.